Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Interlude

This post has nothing to do with miniature wargaming.  You've been warned.

Big fan of college football here.  I've spent the last month whining and bitching and moaning like a little girl over the travesty that is an in-conference bowl game - and a national championship game no less!  This is an outrage that makes a mockery of everything that college football is supposed to stand for.  It's the worst thing to happen to America since slavery.  And I don't even like Oklahoma State.

Frankly, I just couldn't be bothered to watch the title game this year.  I've seen LSU-Alabama and lost interest in the season after the Orange Bowl.  I wasn't disinterested enough to start jawing with some of the guys over on a sports related message board.  One thing led to another, as these things often do, and a bet was made.  If the BCS title game had really good ratings, then I'd sport a My Little Pony avatar for six months.
This one right here.
I even made My Little Pony avatars for a few other posters there.  Here's the two I made for a Georgia Tech fan:



The ratings for the game were the lowest in almost a decade, if not ever.  As a statement of how seriously I take the whole thing, I've been wearing this thing for the last few weeks anyway.  Now that I've won the bet, I'm just wearing it because I can.  In the meantime, those of us that won the bet have to come up with an avatar that the SEC fans who lost the best have to wear for a month.

Here's my first choice:
Just try being taken seriously on a sports
board sporting this little number.
But the message board in question generally requires an avatar that is sports related.  This is sports related - it's got "Team" in it!  In the event that the board rejects Team Edward, I've got this as a backup:

When in doubt, keep it simple.
This concludes our brief interlude.  Thank you for your indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Given the failure of the spam filters recently, we're going full Moderation on comments. Apologies for the trouble.