Thursday, March 22, 2012

First Heroes

From the excellent Copplestone Castings line, this is TM10, Heroes and Halflings.


The flame wizard on the right is a bit of a conversion on my part.  He looks to be Copplestone's not-Faramir, or at least a bow wielding assassin.  Thing is, wizards are in short supply in this scale, and younger non-beardy wizards even more so.  To rememdy this, I straightened out this figure's bow and glued a small bead-slash-crystal onto the end of it.  Then I hacked his sword down into a small torch.  Red cloak with yellow trim, and you've got a fire themed boom-boom mage.

The others are straight paint jobs.

2 comments:

  1. For wizards in 10 mm the best source in quality and variety is GW's Warmaster range, the HQ blisters. Minis come single based and all the races have a wizard or two.
    I specially like the ones from the Imperium: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490077a&prodId=prod1130047

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along with the fact that I love the paint job on these guys, I'd like to add that I appreciate the nice clear large photos. So many of the 10mm miniature pictures out there aren't much help when you're trying to examine a possible new purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Given the failure of the spam filters recently, we're going full Moderation on comments. Apologies for the trouble.