Sunday, April 22, 2012

Work in More Progress: Leman Russ

The cardboard tank nears completion.  Side sponsons, black paint, white drybrush, this beast is ready for its final paintjob.  In keeping with the theme of the Imperial Guard unit, it's going to get a green and purple camouflage paint scheme.  Wouldn't be my first choice, but it's a commission for my favorite client.
 Main battle cannon, lascannon, smoke dischargers, and heavy bolters.  That's a lot of dakka.



The rivets were made by placing a drop of black 'puffy paint'.  That's a fabric paint that beads up well enough to give you rivet-like texture.  In retrospect, I should  have fully painted the tank first, then added the rivets.  As it stands, I'm going to have to paint the whole tank, then paint each rivet black, and then add a flash of silver.  That's going to take a while.  Live and learn.

2 comments:

  1. A question - why white brush it before you paint it? I'd have done that last. What am I missing out on my not doing it first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. It's such a good question I'm gonna add a full blown post to answer it.

    ReplyDelete

Given the failure of the spam filters recently, we're going full Moderation on comments. Apologies for the trouble.