Monday, November 19, 2012

New Project, New Scale, Old Habits

It's time for a new project, and maybe a new scale.  The size and cost and ease of storage of the 10mm boys is great, but there are a lot of fun little 15mm troops out there, too.  Most of the games I play are more skirmish and having banged my head against the Tomorrow's War wall for long enough, it may be time to move up a notch.

I should probably at least finish painting the 10mm figures I have, but what's a wargamer without some unpainted lead, right?

So here's a sneak peak at the next big (15mm) thing from your host:

One piece of foam core, sans terrain.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I'm becoming increasingly interested in 15mm. Not made the plunge yet as I can decide on how or what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't many of us 10mm enthusiasts out there - I hope you'll hold on to your smaller stuff as well as picking up the new 15mm minis. In any event, I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a chance of that - for fantasy anyway. The tiny guys work great for D&D and skirmishes, and I'd love to build a proper mass-battle army in 10mm (if I can find some local opponents). For sci-fi, though, I've discovered that I like smaller skirmish engagements, and the ability to customize my figures. I don't have what it takes to do that with 10mm figures, so I'm going to bump up a notch and see if that works a little better.

    ReplyDelete

Given the failure of the spam filters recently, we're going full Moderation on comments. Apologies for the trouble.